What is a Psychology?
Practising psychologists help people learn to cope more effectively with any life issues and mental health problems they may be having.
Psychologists can help people improve their lives and treat various problems using an assortment of evidence-based practices.
Your Psychologist will work with you to identify the best approach and which therapies will best address your issues and preferences.
Psychologists can assist you if you
- Have felt depressed, angry or anxious for a long time
- Want help for a chronic condition that is interfering with your life or physical health
- Have a short term problem you need help navigating, for example, feeling overwhelmed by a new job
- Are grieving the death of a family member
- Would like help learning to cope with stressful situations
- Need help overcoming an addiction
At Your First Appointment
You will be asked to fill out a pre-screening questionnaire before being seen at your first appointment. During your appointment, you can decide what you would like to discuss with your Psychologist and the type of therapy you would prefer.